Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Makan Angin

Last week, my family went to Malaysia's premier hill resort somewhere in Pahang just to taste and breathe fresher air after so much polluted inhalation we dealt with. This time we chose the less-winding route of Sg.Pulai-Kg.Raja. I can't recall how many times I went there, probably more than 10; usually to bring others in the family who never been there before. Being the not-so-kaya family, this is the only place we can afford to feel the not-even-close to winter abroad. Muahahah!!!...

Four days before, Arif had gone through his 1st big phase in life (getting circumcised) and because he was doing very fine, we decided to bring him along. My mother was quite aghast at the idea (dulu-dulu orang sunat kan lama nak sembuh) but hesitantly followed after so much deliberation and after being persuaded by Long and Ida. At one point, she asked my nephew who couldn't join us to take her back to my brother's home. We just kept silent and decided to stick to plan 1, kidnapped her and run!

Everytime I went there, there must be some changes appeared; new clearings, new buildings, more land-slides...this is what some people says, making space for development, which means less greenery and less oxygen. Hiey!!! takutnya!!..Ok! Back to the trip. My indecisive mother was a different person once we reached there, going ecstatic over the colourful flowers, the fresh vegetables, the foods, the weather and all. I have no regrets bringing her over, even though she did complaint about her muscle and joint pain now and then because of the long and winding journey.

Arif was in his jovial mood and taking advantage of his condition by bullying me, hubby and Oya into buying him things that I won't allowed him to buy if he were not 'bersunat'. He even asked for an ice-cream and with gritted teeth, I brought the ice-cream to the counter and asked the price. I'm not good in temper-management, let me tell you. Just imagine yourself being ignored by the sour-faced salesgirl who was busily attending her kind of people. I just put the money on the counter not-very-gently and immediately she piped up her language angrily to her friend who rudely dished out the balance on my palm; I turned, threw back the five 0.10 cent coins and walked away quickly (takut kena kejar,hi..hi). What do you do if you were in my shoes? I know, I know...probably many will remain patient but I-just-can-not! I will try to control my temper in the future. That was the worst scene I made out in public but she deserved it. Didn't she get paid by us, THE CUSTOMER? (after 10 years) - teruknya me dulu ye? :p

Well, apart from the incident and the crazy crowd (musim cuti sekolah), everything was fine. I'm always looking forward and happy with the family gathering. No matter how bad the place and the situation is and how poor you are, the great feelings of togetherness is all that matters.


* The Family is a haven in a heartless world*

8 comments:

syazie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
syazie said...

hoho.. how bad is it ha? my auntie is hot-tempered??! huhu.. nicely doesn't happen at me.. but i got it from her big sister who is my mother.. isk3... hehehe..
syoknye jalan~

goboklama said...

can't imagine your mom in a temper. Kalau mak long tu ye lah, hihi...

Anonymous said...

semuanya sama ke dalam keluarga yau.suka marah orang tak tentu pasal.takut saya .nanti kena kejar kat cina tu baru padam muka ha ha ha.lain kali buat lagi.

toona said...

kakak yau dan adik yau yang kena kejutan elektrik tu pun garam juga? mwreka tak marah orang ke masa yau bercuti hari tu.kalau ada ceritalah pasal kakak dan adik yau yang cum tu. mesti menarik.

goboklama said...

ooii..cik toona. Memang le awak ni dari planet apakenamentah kan? saya baca komen awak pun tergezut-gezut kena kejutan elektrik!! banyaknya salah eja,sengaja ke memang tak reti? jgn.mare cik toona sayang..

u_o said...

hahahaha!!aku mmg cun!!apa lagi, citer lah kat si toona ikan tuna tu!!!jgn mare....

toona said...

cik oya jgnlah marah.nanti lagi menawan.ikan tuna tu kan kesukaan cik oya sejak azali lagi.ha.ha. ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails