Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The art of naming

I've been tagged by moshimoshi on 'naming the children'. This time the game is to reveal the reason/rationale of naming your child or whatever lies behind the names given by you/spouse/parents.

I always want a girl for my 1st child because I believe that girl matured faster & more responsible on taking care of her other siblings. When the baby was scanned for the 1st time, the doctor said that I was going to have a baby girl. I was soooo...happy & ecstatic I began to search girl names for the baby. My findings:

Nur Alya Diyana means Cahaya Ketinggian Agama

Nur Alya Qamarina means Cahaya Ketinggian Bulan

Nur Alya Qistina means Cahaya Ketinggian Keadilan

I love the name Alya/Alia/Aliya/Aleeya back then but now, not anymore. I was planning to name 'her' Nur Alya Diyana but during the 2nd scan approaching 7 months, I was shocked to know that actually 'she', is a BOY! Can you imagine me & hubby calling the baby,Alya & accepting him as a girl for 7 months??? Alas, everyone mistaken Arif as a girl when he was a baby. He is still receiving compliments from many on his complexion and his girlyish face, hahah...

Back to the story,I started searching boy names, too limited so I chose:

Muhammad Arif Fitri means Muhammad (after our prophet, pbuh) Bijak Semulajadi. I wish he is a natural born genius but he's just an average boy. His artskill is also not as good as ours but still I love him very, very much, naturally...

Until today, I'm still waiting for the next baby, it has been 10 years already...

Psst...I want to reveal a secret too... My real name is not Qistina. The name Qistina is popular starting only in late 90s. I love the name so I used it when I started blogging. My mother named me after the wife of one Malaysia ex-PM. Probably I will named my future daughter, Qistina. ;)

And I used Gobok Lama (Old Closet/Cupboard) because in the 1st place, I want to share old/childhood stories with the public. It turns out, I'm no a story teller, huhu.. There are soooo...many anecdotes left untold, probably after I changed the name to GobokTua, eventually they will be published. I also want a unique name that is easy to remember. I rarely use the word Gobok or Gerobok after I started studying at Kuala Lumpur (more than 15 years already) so I want people to remember me as the GobokLama and at the same time it reminds me of the place where I belong.

Do I need to tag anyone? Let see how anak dara (Sastri) & newlywed (Leeds) choose the names of their imaginary children, hihi...

Arif & Ikhlas

12 comments:

moshimoshi said...

yeay! dah buat.

10 years oredi. takpe. keep trying kalau ada rezeki insya-allah. gobok-lama belum cukup lama lagi kan? heheh.

itu ariff gerenti sangat manja punya bongsu 10 tahun. and i really thought your name was qistina. so when i was reading the girl's name, it was like you're naming your child with your name? macam tak pernah orang melayu buat je :D

Kak Elle said...

Kalau bukan qisst apa agak nya ye?tak kan Asmah?hehe

apa ada pada nama?betul tu our given names means a lot to our parents.

Yes I am finally home after 2 wks of holiday.

goboklama said...

moshimoshi,mat salleh selalu namakan anak mrk.sama what, so ini Qistina mcm.Qistina seniorla kan? Qisst akan berusaha lebih gigih lagi utk.dptkn triplet so bole namakan Qistina, Qamarina & Qurnia (tamak la tuh!) :)

kak elle,takdela Asmah, pendek & ringkas saja namaku itu.. BTW, alhamdulillah selamat sampai. Ok,kita hop ke blog kak elle,hop! hop! hop!...

Roti Kacang Merah said...

Qisst, nama betul u misti namaaaa, arrrr, Suuuuu... Suraya ka? Kaaaaa, Suhaila ka? hehe

eh macam kasi idea gitu... kalau dapat son esok, i letak nama Zulkiflee II bin Zulkiflee, apa kata? FIRST in M'sia, hehe

blackpurple said...

Nak tunggu apalah agaknya nama anak sastri itu...he he he..

ADIEJIN said...

nama Adiejin apa makna dia ek?

Lollies said...

actually i pun surprise jugak nama you qistina sebab nama tu baru aje femes baru-baru ni. kira macam pergh hebatnya dah dapat nama tu dulu. ameen moga moga doa dimakbulkan for a qistina

Kak Lady said...

Ohhh...gitu rupanya sejarah nama-nama anak qisst....but...kak lady suka nama qistina tu...

Hehehe...nak gelah bila u kata nak tukar nama Goboklama to Goboktua....

goboklama said...

rotisedap,nama I start dari R, tekalah,hihihi... Bole juga letak nama anak U gitu,mmg.x prnah org buat :)

BP,musti U pun sangaaattt teruja sekali kan? ;p

adiejin,sendri bagi nama sendri x tau makna kah? oklah,kita bagi... maksudnya ialah aparaitujin,bole gitu?

lollies, I thought U all aledy know about that,heh. Amiiinnn juga...tx

kaklady,tak salah qisst,nama ni popular selepas 1 novel dipasarkn, 'Ria Qistina'???

Apa salahnya nanti bila qisst dah tua tukar nama GobokTua kan? seswai gitu!

Sastri said...

aisey... susah nih... tunggu semuanya dah reda kat ofis ni ek, baru leh fikir plak utk tag nih... :D

13may said...

'goboklama'...apa rahsia di sebalik nama nih???

:)

goboklama said...

sastri,akan ku tunggu...heheh..

13may,takde rahsia apa,saja letak nama yg.unik sket ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails