|Business room with 1 double bed + 1 single bed|
The kitchen and dining area where I cooked my rice and Brahim's. I brought along my mini cooking pot & pan. I can samak the provided utensils but I prefer not to. There's a microwave to reheat the packed food, just use your own microwavable tupperware because they don't provide any. There's hot & cold water system located on each floor so you can eat your maggie mee anytime, hihih....
|Cafe on 7th floor, next to the kitchen, a nice place for lepaking|
|View from the cafe|
How to get here from Incheon Airport? Take bus 6015 near Gate 5B at the airport, stop at Astoria Hotel or Sejong Hotel, cross the road & find your way following the map below. A bit of walking uphill, just a reminder.
Do not mistaken SYH with Hi-Seoul Youth Hostel because it's a different hostel in different location.
I found out about SYH through Hostelling International. So far, I have no issue when booking the listed hostel under Hi-Hostel, it served the purpose, quite reliable & the most important thing was the cleanliness & comfort I get each time.
** You can apply the YHA membership here
Tips for your Soul:
- Go to Korea Tourism Organization where you can get free travel guide book, leaflets, pamphlets, booklets & vouchers useful for your travel. The address is Suite 7-03, 7th Floor, Menara Hap Seng, Letter box No. 39, Jalan P. Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur. Check out the info here
- Get your T-Money ready, not only you can use it on subways, trains & certain buses, you can use it to buy things at Family Mart, GS 25 shop or anywhere that displayed the T-Money logo. Just reload it when the balance is running low. I used only 15,000w for the entire trip.
- Get your subway map ready or downloaded it, together with all photos of the places you want to go onto your iPad, smartphone or tablet pc, it is super convenient to do so, no more flipping through pages of the never ending itineraries.
- Free WiFi is everywhere, even at public parks. Checked! Seoul will make its network available in 10,430 parks, streets and other public places by 2015, the city government said in a statement recently.
- Get your Korean won ready!!
|Arif checking out the WiFi|
Just sharing, because sharing is caring... ;)