Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Seoul International Youth Hostel

For those who prefer to stay near Chungmuro subway station, please choose Astoria Hotel because it's nearer than SYH and you don't have to climb uphill every time you want to go back to the hostel.  SYH is ideal for those with transport.  But if I were to travel to Seoul again, I'll still choose SYH because I love the place, the room is bigger, got free super speed WiFi, the environment is better and the facilities proved to be so convenient for us, and I don't mind the walking part.  Love the greeneries and the fresh air, so miss the place.....  But you have to book at least 3 months in advance to avoid disappointment because it's always fully booked during weekends as you can see here.  I booked 6 months in advance, heheh..  It's about RM190 per room/night for three people in business room.  Family room and Ondol room is bigger and suitable for family of 5-8.  Dorm is cheaper but if you're not a YHA member, the price per person is almost the same if you take business room (base on triple sharing).

















Business room with 1 double bed + 1 single bed










The kitchen and dining area where I cooked my rice and Brahim's.  I brought along my mini cooking pot & pan.  I can samak the provided utensils but I prefer not to.  There's a microwave to reheat the packed food, just use your own microwavable tupperware because they don't provide any.  There's hot & cold water system located on each floor so you can eat your maggie mee anytime, hihih....

Cafe on 7th floor, next to the kitchen, a nice place for lepaking


















View from the cafe











































How to get here from Incheon Airport?  Take bus 6015 near Gate 5B at the airport, stop at Astoria Hotel or Sejong Hotel, cross the road & find your way following the map below.  A bit of walking uphill, just a reminder.






Do not mistaken SYH with Hi-Seoul Youth Hostel because it's a different hostel in different location.

I found out about SYH through Hostelling International.  So far, I have no issue when booking the listed hostel under Hi-Hostel, it served the purpose, quite reliable & the most important thing was the cleanliness & comfort I get each time.

** You can apply the YHA membership here


Tips for your Soul:
  • Go to Korea Tourism Organization where you can get free travel guide book, leaflets, pamphlets, booklets & vouchers useful for your travel.  The address is Suite 7-03, 7th Floor, Menara Hap Seng, Letter box No. 39, Jalan P. Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.  Check out the info here
  • Get your T-Money ready, not only you can use it on subways, trains & certain buses, you can use it to buy things at Family Mart, GS 25 shop or anywhere that displayed the T-Money logo.  Just reload it when the balance is running low.  I used only 15,000w for the entire trip.
  • Get your subway map ready or downloaded it, together with all photos of the places you want to go onto your iPad, smartphone or tablet pc, it is super convenient to do so, no more flipping through pages of the never ending itineraries.
  • Free WiFi is everywhere, even at public parks.  Checked!  Seoul will make its network available in 10,430 parks, streets and other public places by 2015, the city government said in a statement recently.
  • Get your Korean won ready!!   



Arif checking out the WiFi


Just sharing, because sharing is caring...  ;)






    9 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    What's up it's me, I am also visiting this site daily, this web site is genuinely good and the
    users are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.

    Feel free to visit my webpage - six pack shortcuts

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

    my weblog :: six pack shortcuts scam

    Anonymous said...

    Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked
    hard on. Any suggestions?

    My web page :: six pack shortcuts

    Anonymous said...

    Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I
    was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?

    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Also visit my web page ... onlineteachers.info

    Anonymous said...

    Whats up! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the nice information
    you’ve gotten right here on this post. I shall be coming back
    to your weblog for more soon.

    Stop by my web blog - sempronius gracchus

    Anonymous said...

    Your style is very unique compared to other people I have read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this blog.



    my homepage; http://life4sound.pl/

    Anonymous said...

    Hey! I simply want to give an enormous thumbs up for the good information you
    will have right here on this post. I will be coming again to your weblog for more soon.


    my page - caster semenya pictures you magazine

    Anonymous said...

    Hey! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great information you’ve gotten here on this post.
    I can be coming back to your blog for extra soon.


    Feel free to surf to my site :: durum semolina substitute

    Anonymous said...

    Hey! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great data you
    have here on this post. I will probably be coming again to your blog
    for more soon.

    Feel free to visit my webpage racing lawn mower engine

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails